Some essential oils are polarizing, like Vetiver, or Patchouli, or Geranium. People either love them or hate them! But one essential oil everyone loves is Wild Orange. Diffusing it instantly brings a smile to my face (and so does it’s low price tag). It’s a favorite of my daughter’s, too.
When I want a bunch of citrus happiness all at once, I put 2 drops of Wild Orange with 2 drops of Grapefruit in my diffuser (sometimes with a drop of Peppermint) and it smells like I’m walking through a citrus orchard!
Wild Orange is my favorite oil to cook with, because it’s so versatile – it can enhance anything from chocolate treats (think cacao oat bites, chocolate ice cream shell, chocolate hearts, mmm!) to meats or savory dishes, to smoothies, to lattes (just add a drop to your favorite latte and stir well).
Here are a few of Wild Orange’s health benefits:
- Contains powerful antioxidants.
- Add a drop to your water for a burst of flavor and to promote overall health.
- During colder temperatures, take one to two drops of Wild Orange in a capsule to support a healthy immune system.
- During clean up, use Wild Orange to cleanse and purify countertops, tables and other surfaces.
- To improve your home’s scent and to purify the air, place a few drops on your air filter.
- Place one drop Wild Orange, Peppermint, and Frankincense in your hand. Rub hands together and inhale deeply for an energizing aroma (I keep these three in a roller bottle for easy application, any time of the day).
- Powerful cleanser and purifying agent.
- Before a stress filled day, diffuse for an energizing and revitalizing aroma.
I’ve found it blends nicely with some of those “heartier” oils I mentioned above, like Vetiver and Patchouli, to lighten them up and make them smell better.
How do you like to use Wild Orange?